We now live in a society where content is abundant. From YouTube videos and online demonstrations to blogs and articles, consumers are educating themselves more and more about their options. People all over the world are now adopting more low-risk approaches to achieving their desired looks.
Nonsurgical body contouring has fewer risks simply because it doesn’t involve surgery or anesthesia. Nonsurgical fat reduction procedures tend to be less costly compared to a surgical liposuction. In 2016, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons listed the average cost of liposuction at $3,200. In the same year, non-surgical fat reduction procedures cost approximately half that of their surgical counterpart.
There are several main categories of non-surgical methods to reduce fat and contour the body.
1. Thermal (Laser)
2. Sound Waves (Cavitation, High Intensity Frequency Ultrasound or HIFU)
3. Radio Waves (Radiofrequency)
4. Light Waves (Laser lipolysis)
5. Cold (Cryotherapies such as Coolsculpting®, TrimFreeze™)
6. Injection Lipolysis (Mesotherapy, Kybella®)